Saturday, November 26, 2016

Sunflowers in Quadrants

The challenge for our Southern Fiber Artists was to make a sunflower in four quadrants; and then we will exchange 3 quadrants with other artists.


I was a little late getting mine finished but here it is now. We will do the exchange at our next meeting in February.

Here are some of the sunflowers that were brought to our last meeting.
  

And then we mixed some of them up just for fun!



I started my piece by preparing the background and quilting it.

I printed off a pattern on paper and glued it to a piece of fabric. Then I cut out the sections of the pattern and glued the sections onto another piece of fabric leaving a space between each piece.

It was tedious work and easy to get mixed up; but finally it was done.

I cut the circle out ...

... and laid it on my prepared background.

Then I proceeded to sew it carefully down to the background removing the paper as I sewed.
  

The center all sewed down.

Then came the scary part of cutting it into quadrants.

I then added the golden yellow petals and finished it by twisting fabric into a thin rope and zigzagging it in place.

I'm afraid now that my center is way bigger than it should be. I guess I could cut off the two center edges but ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...