Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Life as a Quilter

AUGUST

Life ...

Ashton, Kirby, and Stacy never seem to tire of each other.

I set the timer for 5 minutes for them to "play band."

Paul had me pull up bit by bit as he dropped the corn from the overhead bin into the trailer. 

 Craig entertained the little ones for a short moment.

... as a Quilter

I invited the Possum Town Quilters to our house for our monthly "Sit and Sew."




Using this picture I took of an antique shop in Columbus for inspiration, ... 

 ... I created this quilt block for a PTQ challenge.


For Thelma's birthday gift ... 

... I made this small quilt from a picture of her quilting.

4 comments:

Dorcas said...

Interesting as always...and I'm so intrigued with the variety of sewing machines, especially the black and white ones that look like updated Singers from way back, with the slender shape. Are they especially for quilters? Or are they made to be portable? Or do these ladies actually bring antique machines??

Julia Graber said...

The small machines are actually antiques, probably 1950's or so. Quilters love them because they are lightweight and easy to tote to class. If you find one, latch on to it.

Kathleen said...

Love this post . . . especially those little boys and how they managed to all three rip the same knee in their jeans!!

Brandy Yeager said...

So glad you're back! I was afraid something bad was keeping you from blogging.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...