Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Magnolia II Quilt

Life …

Ashton can beat me in putting these puzzles together.
IMG_6231

… as a Quilter

I cut out the petals from a fabric made of soft pastel colors.
IMG_6239

I thought at first that I would quilt all the background +/- 1/8” apart so I started in the middle and was working my way out to the top and bottom. And then I changed my mind. I decided to quilt approximately 2” apart and then fuse my magnolia to the quilt. Why waste all that beautiful thread under the magnolia?
IMG_6246

I highlighted the pastel petals with Inktense pencils and love the darkening effect.
IMG_6257

And now it’s on to the quilting.

 Creations by Nina-Marie 

     Wednesdays are WOW daysWIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

10 comments:

Marcy said...

Lovely! Great stitching.

Angie in SoCal said...

Julia - this quilt is gorgeous. I love how you got that wavy effect on the background and highlighted your magnolia.

Anita said...

What a lovely magnolia!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Simply lovely! Visiting from Freshly Pieced.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful magnolia and stitching, I can't wait to see what else you do with it!

Heather Pregger said...

Julia, this is beautiful!

Ramona said...

Beautiful! Love your magnolia!! And the stitching.

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

this is soooo gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Simply brilliant! Love it!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...