Sunday, October 05, 2014

More of the Southern Magnolia

On my design wall ---

I have been battling with this piece ever since I came home from Alpine, AL. Since it was already quilted I felt like I needed to use something besides fabric to give it life. I chose oil pastels for that was what I had on hand.
IMG_4719

Thanks to my niece Claire Bleu for tutoring me through the coloring part.

You see … it used to look like this … (and I thought I was ready to add the center and bind it and be done!) ...

… and this.
Copy of IMG_4602

Now I think I really am ready to make and add the center seed pod and put a binding on it.

  WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced Wednesdays are WOW days

10 comments:

ES said...

I looks just like a water colour! Fab!!

Lynette said...

Oh, wow! I would be terrified to try this. Very nice. :)

Paige said...

What a transformation, great job. Will this one be for sale?

Ptquilter said...

Great job Julia. Beautiful.

Vicki W said...

What a beautiful transformation!

Ramona said...

Beautiful.. just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!!!!!

Bonnie said...

It's amazing how the oil pastels bring it to life. Nice job.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. How do you fix the pastels so they last? I am not familiar with this -- just curious.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful work Julia!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...