Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Houston Quilt Festival


I learned to know Kathy Kansier a couple years ago in Hattiesburg. I sat in one of her lectures and then got to visit with her later.
IMG_9134 Large e-mail view

Susan Cleveland makes pretty, precise, patchwork. She designed some tools to make the precision easier.
IMG_9102

I love the color and design of the Kaffe quilt.
IMG_8823

Emily and Sandy admire these hearts made of roses.
IMG_8835

They took a class together and are excited about making these art quilts.
IMG_9137

It Takes the Case often had a crowd of people around it.
IMG_8841

IMG_8842

Abe Lincoln made by Virginia Greaves is a striking piece. I follow her blog.
IMG_8898

Emily and I pose with the infamous carpet between the Hilton and the Convention Center.
IMG_8980

I love the simple patterns of Blue Underground. I’ve made the Union Station quilt like what is displayed in the bottom right corner and the top left corner.
IMG_8984

Alex Anderson is so warm and personal. It was like she enjoyed visiting with little ole me!
IMG_8986

I love the sunshine and happiness of Laura and Frieda’s quilts
IMG_8990

When I met Mary Mashuta she was as glad to see me as I was to see her. She found her twin sister Roberta Horton so we could have a picture together. Their mother grew up here in Mississippi in Brooksville!
IMG_8995

4 comments:

Fullfilling my Dreams said...

Joy, Joy, what joy you must have felt, meeting all those people and soaking up all the colors and talent.
Hope I get to do that someday. Happy for you.

Jacs Sacs said...

Oh, Julia!! I have so enjoyed your posts about Houston! How beautiful are the quilts that you posted! Can't wait to see how they have inspired you -- your blog is always such a delight to read :)

Anonymous said...

I love the kite quilt and the case hanging. I wonder how much that carpet cost? Evie

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful quilts and what a wonderful time you and your sisters had at the Houston show... BTW Wow that is some carpet, very fun.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...