Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cypress With Moss – Fiber Art Quilt -- Blogger's Quilt Festival

I discovered that you could have two entries in Amy’s Creative Side’s Blogger’s Quilt Festival.


AmysCreativeSide

With that in mind I decided to enter
into the ‘wall hanging’ category.

IMG_6125

I cut out the pieces from cotton fabric and fused them onto a cotton background. It measures 16”X20” and is heavily machine quilted.
IMG_6126

She gave me permission to translate her work into fiber art. So, from a picture of her watercolor painting “old cypress with spanish moss / Sky Lake WMA - Swiftown / September” on the right, I made this fiber art piece on the left that I call
“Cypress With Moss.”
IMG_6135

I used “fast finished triangles” on the back so it is ready for mounting.
IMG_6141

Detail
IMG_6157

Label on the back.
IMG_6162

You can see more of my process HERE and HERE.

Statics
Dimensions: 16”X20”
Fiber: Mostly cotton
Techniques: applique, fused, machine quilted
Mounting: Fast Finished Triangles
Category: Wall Hanging

3 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Oh, wow - gorgeous threadwork!

Queenie Believe said...

I'm so glad you entered this quilt in the festival! It is wonderful and one of my favorites of your art quilts.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Deb said...

WOW, I so love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...