Sunday, October 20, 2013

A Busy Week

Life …
Perry and Emily’s son Andy, brought a friend, Grant, along down to Mississippi from Virginia to help a few days on the farm harvesting beans.
IMG_8427

I kept Talya for one night and part of a day while her sister Georgi went to the hospital for hernia surgery.
IMG_8429

As I was leaving for Starkville one day, I noticed a light in the dash that warned me of a low left front tire. Quinten and Jamie got me going again.
IMG_8452

I baked three peach pies. One for us here at home and the other two for our school’s annual fish fry on Friday.
IMG_8438

The school gym was full with attendees at the fish fry.
IMG_8465

And then we had the Annual School Benefit Auction on Saturday.
IMG_8480

Gabriel helped run “Grandpa’s Express” making lots of children happy.
IMG_8488

Paul and I practiced and sang with this octet for Jerry Yoder and Cindy Mast’s wedding.
IMG_8469

The happy couple, Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Yoder.
IMG_8518

The ABC sisters, Arlene, Beattie, and Cindy sing one last song together.
IMG_8530


… as a Quilter
My sister Emily took me to Boonville to Mr. Claude’s quilt and fabric shop. He uses a yardstick, carpenter’s square …
IMG_8409

… and scissors to measure and cut fabric.
IMG_8417

4 comments:

PollythePatchworker said...

I see your scrappy trip quilt hanging to be auctioned off. Do the quilts in Mississippe bring much money? It seems we just can't get enough for them here in Del. to make it worth our time.
The fabric store sure looked like a fun excursion for you and Emily.

Vernon and Kim said...

I was especially interested in the Bennett girls. I worked with all 3 of them at CLP. Beadie and I were especially close and I wondered what ever happened to her. I knew Cynthia married a boy from Macon...Paul Mast? apparently he died, what happened and when? I don't believe I would've recognized any of those dear girls. Thanks for posting this.
I am looking forward to when my life slows down enough to get back to my quilts. :-)

Fullfilling my Dreams said...

As always, I enjoyed your postings. It looked like your school benefit was a huge success and I am so glad.

coleensr said...

Very interesting post! Seeing a picture of your pies instantly wafted me back to childhood. Are those the metal pie pans Mother had? And it was so good to see the pictures of Cindy. I didn't know she was getting married.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...