Sunday, September 29, 2013

Design Wall Monday and Guest

Life …
Uncle Edgar Strite from GA came for Edwin Knepp’s funeral and spent the night with us. I was so sorry that Aunt Evelyn didn’t come along.
IMG_7884

… as a Quilter

See other Design Wall Mondays at Patchwork Times.

Dana got 3 more blocks sewn for her quilt and I did some machine stitching on my “lily” quilt.
IMG_7911 - Copy

I’m stitching close lines about 1/8” apart and I’m calling them “organic” because I can’t get them precise and even.
IMG_7907 - Copy

And then I got tired of stitching just straight lines, so after stitching a band 3” wide I changed my mind, stitch, and color of thread.

And now I’m going to set a goal  for "A Lovely Year of Finishes" to have all the quilting finished on this quilt by Oct. 30. I really hope to have it all finished, {as in done, finito, nothing more to add, ready to use/display/give away}.http://www.patchworktimes.com/2013/09/30/design-wall-monday-28/

9 comments:

Ptquilter said...

You can do it!
Judy

Pieces of Time said...

It is a beautiful organic creation.

Rhonda R. said...

The lily quilt is great and I love the "organic" quilting.

sophie said...

Your post made me smile because I just posted my goal for October and said I would finish an old UFO-"done done" meaning Finally quilted, bound and hung!

I love the organic quilting.

Unknown said...

I love the wonky blocks! I will pin them, may be later!
I prefer the different bands of quilting!
I am sure your will finish the quilting in time. 30 October is a day before my birthday. I will have a toast on your finish, your beautiful quilt!

Anonymous said...

I like the change of mind! That's going to make this even more interesting. Organic works for me!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The Lily quilt is stunning!

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Love the quilting!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a beautiful piece and the quilting is awesome! I'm like you....I get tired of straight line quilting or...."organic"! Thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...