Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Magnolia Sewing Circle

I attended our monthly sewing circle today with 16 adults from our church. Old timey hand quilting is still alive and well, relaxing and very enjoyable. Of course that’s my opinion.
IMG_5640

Some of the younger generation find piecing and sewing projects enjoyable to work on together.
IMG_5642

Corina watches her mom and Evie get blocks ready for sewing together.
IMG_5635

The children played nice outdoors and indoors. It was a beautiful and warm day.
IMG_5622

Twelve of the 18 children present lined up to sing a song before lunch.
IMG_5653

3 comments:

Sandy Panagos said...

LOVE old timey hand quilting!! I really enjoyed your photos. Thanks for sharing.

pens and needles said...

I hope there will always be groups of women gathering around quilting frames to do some hand quilting, although I know this is not common anymore. It is still the BEST way to finish a hand-pieced quilt!

coleensr said...

I would loved to have heard the children singing. I love it when moms bring their children to sewing circle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...