Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

Life …
I rode with Paul and Ashton to the field to get the pickup truck and fuel trailer.
IMG_1477
I brought it back to the farm and pumped fuel from the big tank into the little tank.
IMG_1496
I pulled my load back out to the field for Perry. I was glad he could hook up the jumper cables to pump the fuel into his tractor.
IMG_1504
Way out in the distance I saw Quinten planting beans.
IMG_1512
… as a Quilter
Somehow I think this would look good in a quilt. It is inspiration for me!
IMG_1507
Since Emily started a quilt here, I wanted to make something similar. So I pulled out one fabric for both the background and the little squares. It’s more subdued than Emily’s and doesn’t have the zing that I like. I think I’ll go ahead and add a silhouette and quilt it up anyway!
IMG_1474

3 comments:

Donna said...

You are so creative, Julia! I can't wait to see a picture of that one finished!

PollythePatchworker said...

Julia it's always a treat seeing bits and pieces of your farm life as well as "Life as a Quilter". Is Emily there in Mississippi till we come down on the first leg of our Western trip? Did you know I'm gonna go from begining to end now. Just hated to miss the first part so I decided to jump aboa

Jacs Sacs said...

I love the pics of you on the farm -- you look so teeny next to those big tanks!! The quilt reminds me of the sun setting on water. It will be especially beautiful with a silhouette.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...