Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Emily’s Art, Family Life

I talked my sister Emily into making a small art quilt. She took a picture of their farm truck’s license plate and created this piece “painting” it with thread. I wish you could see it up close. She did a marvelous job!
IMG_0836

I love Georgi’s pose and Kirby’s gentle smile.
IMG_0846

It was hard to get a smile from these two cousins.
IMG_0887

I know Ashton is enjoying this ride with Uncle Quinten.
IMG_0916

And I know this is a pretty sunset, but somehow my heart was all fluttery and scared.
IMG_0930

Cousins, Gabriel and Dustin
IMG_0936

Practicing songs for a Sunday evening program.
IMG_0941

My cousin Ruthie’s son Kevin came for a visit.
IMG_0944

Me and my girls had a day out thrifting and fabric shopping. We stopped at …
IMG_0983

… a coffee shop for a treat.
IMG_0979

Since Amy couldn’t be with us, the next day we had lunch with her at Mi Ranchitos.
IMG_0987

6 comments:

Donna said...

This post just warmed my heart, Julia! I love seeing you with your girls and grandchildren! I especially love seeing Sheila and her girls - please tell her hello from me!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

You have such a lovely family! Thanks for sharing.

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful family ... thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

coleensr said...

In the 2nd picture the boy cousins in the back look like they are making the same noises with their hands and mouths!
Emily's mini-quilt is simply amazing. Is it post card size?
There's never a dull moment at your house! I always love seeing my kith and kin.

PollythePatchworker said...

Your blog posts always put a smile on my face just knowing all the good living you and yours are doing!
What a neat idea with Emily's art quilt. I wanna be your student too!
Just look how many girls you now have! That's what a bunch of boys will do for you. Love it.

QuiltinGal said...

Your life is full of fun and excitement.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...