Friday, October 26, 2012

Diamonds for Tina Sue ~ Blogger's Quilt Festival

My entry for ...
Amy's Creative Side
Diamonds for Tina Sue
I found a tutorial on The Modern Quilt Guild's blog to make the half rectangle triangle. By placing the dark side of the rectangles together the diamonds came to life.
I really enjoyed sewing the wonky letters together to make her name.
Here's the little sweetie pie!


The back!

Entry #188
Blogger's Quilt Festival Stats
Finished Quilt Size - 57" X 71"
Machine pieced, and machine quilted
Quilted by myself, Julia Graber
Best category - Throw Quilt, Two Color Quilt, Baby Quilt
I'm trying to make a quilt for each of our grandchildren. You can see them here. And now I have one more yet to make for Talya.


9 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

It's beautiful, Julia! Great colour choices and I love that Tina Sue's name is pieced in. What a wonderful welcome gift! Tina Sue is adorable!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Such an adorable quilt for that little cutie! You did a beautiful job on this.

Jan said...

What a wonderful quilt, for a precious little girl. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Put side by side, our two quilts are amazing!

PollythePatchworker said...

Julia this quilt turned out spectacular. I'm looking at it from way over here in Kuching!

Barbara Patterson said...

This is beautiful. Simple pattern, great colors, exquisite design look. She'll treasure this!
Barbara P.

Lynette said...

So sweet! I love that this is big enough for her to grow into, so it'll be good to go for years. And -wow- Thanks for sharing the tutorial for the HRTs!

Michelle said...

Love your quilt!!! Tina Sue is such a cutie! BTW...although now in Georgia, I was born and raised in Mississippi ;-) I sure miss living on the coast!!

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet! I did a run of blue and yellow quilts, years ago, and they are still some of my most cheerful! I've never pieced words into one, though! This is great!

Nana said...

That quilt just dances between the diamonds and the zig zag. Tina sure is lucky.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...