Monday, August 06, 2012

Design Wall Monday & Other Things

I have been working on these 2 projects recently. The quilt on the left is a fresh modern quilt for charity and the quilt on the right is the beginning of an “Instant Garden” from the class I took with Marilyn Doheny.

I can see an eagle soaring above the garden with a snail, 2 butterflies sitting and one butterfly with it’s wings spread. But, what is that torch like thing sticking up from the bottom? Really, I have no idea. I just had the strips and needed to make something with them.

Tina Sue occupies the blue chair.

Remember a couple posts back where Gabriel had a box with a hole in it trying to make something that would blow a puff of air? Well, Craig found a store bought version (vortex cannon) and couldn’t pass it up. Now they are blowing a puff of air at what? A wasp’s nest? Yes, a wasp’s nest. Then they started throwing rocks at it. And soon they all took off running!

"God is great and God is good ..." Can't you just hear us singing our prayer song before our picnic?

Saturday evening rides with Gramma. We are missing Georgi & Talya.

4 comments:

June said...

I like this tenique you learned in your latest class. It looks like a lot of fun.

Lynette said...

It's a palmetto frond! :)

Kate said...

Love your Instant Garden quilt, it's beautiful. Love all the colors you've used. I agree with LynCC, it could be a frond of some type.

Martha Ginn said...

Your eagle is great--I'll bet that's a new idea for Marilyn. These units are so much fun to make! With those cute little children around, I don't see how you do anything else but play with them and take pictures. They are at such a precious age!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...