Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Laura's Quilt


I decided to go for a whole different look and pattern for Laura's quilt. We started to make her quilt using the Tossed Nine Patch idea but it just didn't work well with the fabrics we had chosen. You can see the beginning of the quilt here in the top right corner of the design wall.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced 




Now, since I have seen what Film in the Fridge has made here and here, I decided to sew the dark 4" squares together to make rectangles. I cut the green squares into 3 strips and added the strips to the lighter focus fabric. Now, I think we are on to something that will work.

5 comments:

OPQuilt said...

I looked through your blog and really loved your basket quilt in the magazine, as well as the "In My Father's House are Many Mansions" quilt. It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing all your talent with the bloggers today!

Elizabeth E.
opquilt.com

The Thompsons said...

Fun fabric choices!

Melissa Corry said...

Looking awesome!! Don't you love how you can just change things around a bit and get a whole new look :)

Debbie said...

You've got a good start there! Don't you love finding inspiration all around you!?

Michelle (LemonadeGal) said...

I like how you have changed it up. The fabric is really nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...