Thursday, December 15, 2011

Guests, Quilts, "Christmas Comes Alive"

My nephew Julian and his wife Jodie are here for a week.v12
He is helping with concrete work for a local farmer. We are also keeping Tony, another fellow that is helping with the job.v11
While the men are off working during the day, I have been helping Jodie make a quilt.
v14
We used the "Disappearing Nine Patch" pattern which is turning out marvelous. She is doing a great job!v13
My Orca Bay Mystery Quilt is coming along very slow. I've only made 14 of the 128 triangles.v15
But now that I have found  Solvi's way to make the units I think I'll be able to tackle it much faster. So, you see, there is a benefit in not trying to be the first one finished.

The other evening our whole family with Paul's folks went to Gordo, AL to see "Christmas Comes Alive." We waited in the church's auditorium until it was our turn to get on the wagons.v20
It was a chilly evening and we were glad to be bundled up warm.v18
The first scene was Isaiah giving the prophesy of Jesus birth.v17
Then there were the shepherds, the inn, the angles, the wise men, and then we were ushered to the barn where we found Mary, Joseph, & baby Jesus. We sat on hay bales and listened to the Christmas Story read from the New Testament and heard a few carols and ...v16
... enjoyed the Nativity Scene.v21
They didn't stop with Jesus birth but went on to tell about his ministry, ascension, and His coming return with emphasis on salvation through Jesus. "Come unto me all ye that labour and are are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." --Matthew 11:27
Then we were served hot chocolate and cookies in the church basement. It was a lovely evening.v19

4 comments:

PollythePatchworker said...

I love, love, love Jodie's disappearing nine patch. The little touch of green really pops. It's beautiful!
Your "Christmas Comes Alive" looks like a great adventure. It also looks like a lot of work for those who planned it!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

I do love how that disappearing nine patch takes a very traditional pattern and makes something so contemporary. Well done Jodie.
Your "Christmas Comes Alive" was a wonderful treat. Thank you so much for sharing.

Leeanne said...

Wow the way Solvi has made her string blocks is clever...thank you for the link.
The disappearing nine patch is a clever design, fun, cheerful colours! Hi from me in New Zealand *~*

Lynette said...

What a fun Christmas season event! And boy - I sure would love having a captive quilting buddy for a week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...